I get most of my work done in the two car garage. As time goes on I tends to accumulate more and more tools. I am a big fan of portable workbenches, in fact, this is the second one I’ve owned. This husky portable jobsite workbench has come in handy on several occasions. I like that it’s lightweight, it’s packed full of features, and it’s rated to support up to 1500 lb. I like this table a lot It’s a great design, but it’s not perfect. There are many things to like about it, i’ll give you a quick review and then you can decide if this table makes sense for you.
- (1) Table Top with space for router insert and clamping rails
- (4) Metal Legs that hold up to 1500 lbs.
- (4) 2×4 Metal Brackets
- (8) Screws for Bracket Installation
- (3) Router Plates that fit most standard routers
- (1) Accessories Organizer
- (4) Organizer Partitions
- (2) Threaded Rods for clamping rails
- Heavy-duty metal legs hold 1500 lbs.
- Metal rails allow small bar clamps to be inserted to create a clamping surface (bar clamps not included)
- Standard professional router insert plate included, pre-drilled to fit common routers
- Work table surface is 32 in. height, equal height to the standard sawhorse
- Integrated handle makes it easy to carry; folds down for unobtrusiveness when using the table
- Includes 4 metal brackets to hold 2 x 4s
- Storage case included for accessories
- Backed by a 2-year limited Husky warranty
- Requires assembly
If this makes sense the thing I like about the legs is also the thing I don’t like. I like that the lakes can be stored within the workbench. They are pretty easy to go on it’s as simple as popping them out of the docked area, then place the leg in the whole then twist and lock. What I’m not a fan of is after a long day you’d have to untwist all the legs and then dock them. It’s not that big of a deal but it would be nice if the legs folded. Also, if one of the holding clip happens to break you now have to keep up with that leg.
I really like the slot feature that’s integrated into the bench. The threaded rod accessories that come with the workbench is also a nice touch. This addition makes the workbench versatile. All you need is a piece of lumber drill a couple of holes in it for the rods and now you have a router fence. The slats also make for a great feature to hold things down giving you have the right clamps these small bar clamps can do the trick.
The accessory box is nice and it’s compact. Doesn’t seem like a great quality of plastic for the case but certainly good enough. It is nice to have, and it holds all of the accessories.
The routing plate is secured into the top with four screws, which are easy to remove and install. There are pre-drilled holes in the router plate to make installing your router easier. My router did not fit, so I would have to drill my own holes into the plate, which is an inconvenience.
This comes with three router plate inserts to accommodate for various bit sizes.
The 2×4 bracket attachments can be used on the long and short sides of the workbench.
Securing 2x4s into the brackets is an easy way to extend the work surface.
You may have to drill and countersink your own holes for the router. Not all routers are compatible with the predrilled holes provided. Although the table is portable and can be stored in small spaces, the legs must be removed and stored under the table top. For the price tag on this, I think this is a good deal. I’ve only had these workbenches for a short period of time and I love it. The reviews are quite good on this bench. They are worth checking out. You can find more details here Husky Portable Jobsite Bench for $79.97.
- Durable and sturdy
- Lightweight at just under 20 lbs.
- Can hold up to 1500 lbs.
- Easy for storage
- The Metal Brackets can secure 2x4s in place and create a larger work surface.
- The Clamping Rails also broaden the possibilities of the work that can get done with this workbench.
- The Router Plate is a great idea
- Good price point.
- Not compatibility with any of my routers
For the value, this is a great bench. It comes with many features it’s durable easy to set up easy to carry a really good size and it’s lightweight. The only complaint I have about this bench is the router base. I have three routers and neither lines up with the wholes that come in the base. You can drill your own holes or replace the plate. This is a great solution for any DIYer and even construction workers. I worked on construction sites for years and these type of workbenches are really great to have. It’s a good way to set up shop on-site as not only a workbench but also a laptop table. Also really useful for technicians in the field. It’s a versatile workbench and I don’t think you can go wrong with it.
- Height (in.): 32.00 in
- Width (in.): 34.65 in
- Depth (in.): 21.65 in
- Weight (lbs): 19.85 lbs
- Color Family: Black
- Features: No Additional Features
- Material: Polypropylene
- Weight Capacity (lbs): 1500 lbs
- Tool Storage Product Type: Tool Storage
- Top Material: Cast Polymers
We acknowledge that The Home Depot is partnering with us to participate in the ProSpective 2018 Campaign. As a part of the Program, we are receiving compensation in the form of products and services, for the purpose of promoting The Home Depot. All expressed opinions and experiences are our own words. Our post complies with the Word Of Mouth Marketing Association (WOMMA) Ethics Code and applicable Federal Trade Commission guidelines.