The Empire True Blue E105 Digital Box Level is a must for layout applications. It is designed to deliver inspector grade and high-precision accuracy. Perfect for double checking angles within codes before inspection day. You can also work hands-free with the built-in audio indicator. With features such as auto-calibration set-up, IP65 Rating, dual display, and Inspector mode; the E105 built-in digital lever is ready to be your layout solution.
Get accurate readings while choosing between 7 different modes. The two display screens are backlit allowing easy readouts from the top and front of the tool. The frame is made of aluminum with surface grippers on the side and removable shock absorbing end caps.
This post (Empire True Blue E105 Digital Box Level Inspector Grade) is sponsored by The Home Depot
- Auto calibration
- IP65 (dust and water protected)
- 7 measuring modes
- Shock absorbing Endcaps (removable)
- Power save mode (15min, 30min, 1 hour and 2 hours)
- Audio indicator (continuous tone when level)
- Dual backlit display (overhead and top readout)
- Locks measurements for verification
- Inspector mode
- Tilt indicator
- Surface grip
The Empire True Blue E105 has dual display. Display one has a large LCD screen with bold readouts, this makes it easy to read. Both screens are also backlit. Another great feature of this tool is the level direction indicator. On either side of the screen, there are arrows that let the user know which side of the level to raise up or down in order to achieve a perfectly leveled angle.
On the top of the Empire E105 is LCD screen 2 (backlit), which provides the same readout. This screen is best utilized when reading from above.
Shock Absorbing Endcaps
The aluminum frame has a lifetime warranty. Both ends have removable shock absorbing end caps. I would recommend keeping the endcaps on just in case you drop the level. The rubber will absorb the impact and protect the electronics.
There’s a total of 6 buttons on the electronic board. From left to right: the power button, mode, inspect, audio button, backlight button for the dual screens, and the hold button.
If your battery runs low and you need to grab a level you can still use this one as a traditional spirit level. The vial is located on the top left-hand side.
The backlit dual displays allow for easy readouts. Turn them on simply by pressing the light bulb button. You’ll have to turn on the backlight every time you turn the Empire True Blue E105 on.
Things To Know
After doing some testing and checking the manual the E105 electronic module accuracy can have +/_ 0.05 to 0.2 degree swing. Although it may be close enough I highly recommend doing a “Vial Sync” to calibrate the vial bubble to the digital readout. The instructions can be found here. There are a bunch of good features in this but you have to read the manual to get the most out of it. Keep in mind that once you select a mode it remains on that mode. This hasn’t been a tool I needed in the past because I just found a workaround; now that I know this exists I look forward to it making things much easier.
The Good of Empire True Blue E105 Digital Box Level Inspector Grade
- Easy readout on the digital screen
- Dual display
- 7 measuring modes
- Level direction is great
- Audible sound
- Most of the features mentioned
The Bad of Empire True Blue E105 Digital Box Level Inspector Grade
- This model doesn’t come with the magnetic feature
- Not a bad thing, but it was not self-explanatory I had to pull out the manual.
- I would have liked the power to be a press and hold. If you manage to accidentally hit the power button it could turn on the level.
- I would have liked the “MODES” to be printed on the body since it’s not clear on the display.
Non – Magnetic Digital Level
- 16’’ True Blue Digital Box Level with a case $99
- 24’’ True Blue Digital Box Level with a case $119
- 48’’ True Blue Digital Box Level With a case $159
- 72’’ True Blue Digital Box Level with a case $199
Magnetic Digital Level
- 24’’ True Blue Magnetic Digital Box Level with a case $129
- 48’’ True Blue Magnetic Digital Box Level With a case $159
Typical Use of Digital Box Level Inspector
- Finding the slope
- Inspect grades
- Determine angles
- Working on a deck, driveway, angled projects
Lifetime Warranty on the frame
1-year warranty on the electronic
1 – vial at the top left
Electronic Module Accuracy ± 0.05° at 0° and 90° ± 0.2° between 0° and 90°
Spirit Vial Accuracy ±0.0005″/in all positions
Batteries 2 x AA Alkaline batteries
Operating Temperature Range 14°F to 122°F (-10°C to 50°C)
Storage Temperature Range -4°F to 149°F (-20°C to 65°C)
Operating Life up to 150 hrs Ingress
We acknowledge that The Home Depot is partnering with us to participate in the ProSpective 2018 Campaign. As a part of the Program, we are receiving compensation in the form of products and services, for the purpose of promoting The Home Depot. All expressed opinions and experiences are our own words. Our post complies with the Word Of Mouth Marketing Association (WOMMA) Ethics Code and applicable Federal Trade Commission guidelines.