There are so many oscillating tools on the market it’s really hard to choose. The Dremel Multi-Max MM45 is straightforward and I love how easy it is to use and it delivers the performance you will need. My favorite feature on it is the quick release lock, most oscillating tools I have owned all requires a hex key. It’s usually hard to keep up with loose tools. With a 5 Amp motor, this puts the MM45 among the best. For readers who are not familiar with this kind of tool it’s great to have in the toolbox. You can take on all sorts of projects, I could go on, but here are a few ideas; sanding, cutting drywall, modifying baseboards and cabinets, removing caulk, flush cutting, cutting grout lines and removing thinset. In this post, I will go over the tool and some of its accessories.
- Dremel Multi-Max Tool
- (1) Storage Bag
- (1) MM480 Wood Flush Cut Blade
- (2) MM482 Flush Cutting Blades
- (1) MM450 Wood and Drywall Blade
- (1) MM435 Drywall Jab Saw
- (1) MM502 Grout Blade
- (1) MM14 Hook and Loop Pad
- (11) MM70W Sanding Sheets
- (10) MM70P Sanding Sheets
- Quick fit accessory interface – for fast and easy accessory change
- Quick-boost – maintains constant speed throughout toughest applications and materials
- Up-front on/off switch – for 1-handed use and maintains speed setting
- 10,000 – 21,000 OPM speed range – for optimal performance in a variety of materials
- Ergonomically optimized soft grip for comfort and control
- 7 ft. rubber cord for a wide working range
- Quick hold – magnetic flange holds the accessory in place for easier accessory tightening
- Front: Quick-lock blade release
- Middle: On/Off Switch
- Rear: Variable Speed Control
Chose one of the many available attachments. By twisting the lever at the top you can loosen and tighten the selected attachment.
The Quick-Lock lever is great as I mentioned before, it’s the first one I’ve owned without a separate tool. I think anyone can appreciate this feature.
Cutting through the material is made easy with these accessories. I can make a precision cut to remove this square section. Really easy to control and much faster than using a chisel.
As we take a look at the first variety pack kit, this 5 piece kit is for drywall, wood, and metal. This universal kit fits the following brands Rockwell, Makita, Rigid, Milwaukee, Dewalt, Porter Cable, FEIN and Bosch. It’s nice that the kit comes with a case, but I usually get rid of the case because they tend to take up too much space. These are perfect for doing repairs, remodels, and restorations. Best if used at medium or high speed. The two wood and metal blades designed for cutting wood, drywall, plastic and soft metal, like copper.
Check Out The Dremel Multi-Max Oscillating Tool Accessory (5-Pieces Kit) can be found at The Home Depot for $29.97.
These 10-accessories work on a variety of materials, such as wood, drywall and metal.
Another way to get the most out your Dremel Multi-Max is with this MM495U Accessory Kit. Like the kit above it’s also universal and works with many bands. This kit works on a variety of materials, such as wood, drywall, metal and more.
This 10 piece kit is ready for your DIY needs. You can expect a lot from the MM495U Kit. If you are doing any kind of renovation then this kit will be your go to. Whether you are cutting wood, drywall, plastic, soft metal, scraping, sanding, and much more, you will quickly realize how useful these are.
- Easy to Use
- Accessories are easy to change with Quick-Lock
- Many Accessory Options
- Variable Speed
- Well built
- Product Depth (in.): 15.25 in
- Product Height (in.): 3.5 in
- Product Width (in.): 7.75 in
- Accessory Change System: Quick Lock
- Accessory Compatibility: All Dremel Accessories
- Cordless/Corded: Corded
- Oscillation Arc Range (Degrees): 3.2
- Oscillations Per Minute (OPM): 21000
- Power Tool Features: Case Included, Variable Speed
- Product Weight (lbs.): 2.9 lbs
- Tools Product Type: Power Tool
We acknowledge that The Home Depot is partnering with us to participate in the ProSpective 2018 Campaign. As a part of the Program, we are receiving compensation in the form of products and services, for the purpose of promoting The Home Depot. All expressed opinions and experiences are our own words. Our post complies with the Word Of Mouth Marketing Association (WOMMA) Ethics Code and applicable Federal Trade Commission guidelines.