I just got my hands on this Bosch Blaze GLM 42 135-foot laser, and it’s the perfect tool to extend my reach. This would have been useful when I was in the home automation industry. As precise as +/- 1/16in. (1.5mm), it was noted in the specs, I checked the accuracy myself, and it’s true. It has a really nice backlit color display for great readability. The intended use for this is for measuring distances, heights, lengths, and clearances. Although this can be used in some outdoor applications it’s more suitable for measuring indoors. This pocket-sized tool contains a spirit level, real-time measuring, and the capability to store up to 20 measurements.
This post (Bosch Blaze GLM 42 135ft. Laser Measure with Full Color Display) is sponsored by The Home Depot
What’s included in Bosch Blaze GLM 42 135ft?
- (1) GLM 42 Laser Measure
- (1) Protective Pouch
- (1) Hand Strap
- (5) Target Cards
- (2) AAA Batteries
- User Manual
- Quick Start Guide
On Display Screen
- Battery indicator
- Spirit Level
- Measuring function
- Status bar
- Basic settings (sound display rotation and feet to meters)
Using Bosch Blaze GLM 42 135ft. Laser Measure with Full Color Display
Easy to use, self-explanatory with most things.
- Press the power button to turn on the device
- Press and hold the function button for basic settings. You can also change the measuring units there.
- Go back to the home screen and press the function button once more. Then select your measuring function.
- Select where you want to measure from (back, front, or middle).
- Measure and save each attempt, you’ll then be able to cycle through the saved measurements.
What can you measure with the Blaze GLM 42
- Real-time Measurement
- Indirect height
- Indirect length
- Double indirect measurement
The Good of Bosch Blaze GLM 42 135ft. Laser Measure with Full Color Display
- Compact size
- Measures up to 135 ft.
- Great color display
- 1/4in tripod mount
- Easy to use
- Great time saver
- Can work alone
- Automatically adjusts from long distance to a closer range
There are no major issues, here are some minor ones I encountered:
- Too much ambient light can cause inaccurate readings
- Added measuring marks on the side of the tool would be helpful
Things to know about Bosch Blaze GLM
The light condition can affect the measuring range. It cannot measure through transparent surfaces such as glass and water. The Blaze GLM 42 is best used with a flat surface. The GLM 42 Laser is priced at $99.97
I really enjoyed the small footprint and love how it feels with the rubber grip. The screen is great and easy to read. I also like that you can turn off the laser and use it as a spirit level.
- Model Number: GLM 42
- Accuracy ±1/16 in (±1.5 mm)
- Battery 2 AAA Batteries
- Height 4.2″
- Width 1.8″
- Depth 0.9″
- Operating Temperature 14° F / -10° C up to 113° F / 45° C
- Range Up to 135 ft.
- Weight 0.22lb
We acknowledge that The Home Depot is partnering with us to participate in the ProSpective 2018 Campaign. As a part of the Program, we are receiving compensation in the form of products and services, for the purpose of promoting The Home Depot. All expressed opinions and experiences are our own words. Our post complies with the Word Of Mouth Marketing Association (WOMMA) Ethics Code and applicable Federal Trade Commission guidelines.